Friday, February 17, 2012

New Crackle Polish!

So, I received an e-mail from Sally's stating that I only had to spend $3.74 more this month to get my 15% coupon for next month, and me being me... I just had to rush over during my lunch break. I went in just to get China Glaze - Strong Adhesion Base Coat, but I caught a glimpse of some clearance crackles that I just couldn't pass up, seeing as I am crazy for CG. I picked up CG - Crushed Candy and CG - Oxidized Aqua. I was ecstatic over Crushed Candy because it reminded me of CG - For Audrey (which, I sadly passed on again... spending quite a lot on polish lately. I will have you one day, my pretty!)

After spending the rest of the day antsy to get home to try my new polish, I spent a good 30 minutes trying to decide which color I wanted for my base coat and finally settled on one of my new Essie steals. I chose Essie - Over the Edge. It took 2 coats to get rid of the VNL (visible nail line) but it is a gorgeous shimmery gray.

I definitely have to remember my camera. I love my iPhone but it doesn't do these colors justice, nor does the lighting in this room. I applied some SV (Seche Vite) on top. Now, I have heard both sides of the argument: Top coat or no top coat before applying the crackle. What do you think? I personally like the crackle over SV, and haven't really noticed a difference when applied over polish.


Once I applied the CG - Crushed Candy, I noticed that my nails sort of resembled a turquoise gemstone, which was unintentional, but I really like it. I topped it off with another coat of SV and voila! Sent a picture of the finished mani to the boyfriend who replied with "That's sexy." lol I do love him so. He puts up with my madness quite well.

I will be back tomorrow with another crackle mani, since I cannot seem to keep the same polish on for more than a day or two. I'd like to blame it on chips due to working in a daycare (which is extraordinarily hard on polished nails!!! Too much hand washing and tickling children) but really its because I cannot wait to see what new craziness my polish obsessed brain can come up with ^^ So goodnight for now, polish fiends.

By the way, what brand do you adore the most when it comes to crackle polish?

-Jacqueline, Polished To Obsession

No comments:

Post a Comment