Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Beginning


I sit here wondering what to say in my first post, and I am coming up empty handed. I am only a month and a half into my whimsical love affair with nail polish, and I only see the love growing stronger. I was introduced to Pinterest by a coworker and was delighted by all of the fascinating nail designs that I found. I was led to Chloe's Nails. It was the first blog I had seen about nail design. I was so intrigued that I immediately demanded that my wonderful boyfriend take me to Ross so that I could get a few bottles of cheap nail polish and attempt to try a few of the designs to have something fun to do in my rare spare time. Those first few bottles quickly turned into over 40 and what that same boyfriend now calls an obsession. I now make time (at a great loss to my other addictions) to do my nails nearly every night and usually about twice on the weekends.

Quickly I realized that this was more than just a new hobby. I rather enjoy giving myself and others manicures and so I discussed it with family and friends, and have decided to pursue a career as a Nail Tech. Until that goal is achieved, I have decided to blog about my journey through practicing and falling even more in love with this satisfying, new endeavor.

Last night was the first night that I have actually given a manicure to someone other than myself or my 16 year old cousin, and I found it to be a delightful experience. My boyfriend has been incredibly supportive and has even let me take up half of his room to set up a desk and let me do manicures there :) I am still rough around the edges, so to speak, but I plan to continue to learn and seek advice until I am a pro. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated and I just hope that I can inspire someone as much as this community has inspired me.

-Jacqueline, Polished To Obsession


One of my favorite mani's to date. A twist on Chloe's Shredded Mani. Base: China Glaze - Liquid Leather, second coat: LA Color Craze - Sea Siren, topped off with Seche Vite.

No comments:

Post a Comment